Benefits of saving with us:
- You are in control – You can save as much or as little as you like and as often as you like into your share account. You can save by Standing Order from your bank or Employer payroll deduction scheme
- Your savings are safe – We are regulated by the FCA and covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. So, your savings are 100% protected up to £85,000.
- Online account access—all members have 24-hour online access so you can check your balance and watch your savings grow.
- You can help your children understand how to save. We offer a Junior Savers’ account for the under 16s. accounts for under 16s
- Save for a rainy day – It is always a good idea to save, not just for a set purpose but also for emergencies and the unexpected.
- Contribute to our pool of savings so that you and other members can borrow – As a community bank we only lend the money we take in. By saving, you are helping others in the local community to borrow from an ethical organisation.
Members can set up a standing order or make a one-off payment via bank transfer, using as a reference their membership number. The bank details are as follows:
SWAN CREDIT UNION LIMITED
Sort code: 08-92-99
Account number: 65196124
Reference: Your Membership Number
Saving from Salary
Juggling your finances is not always easy, especially when you have a job that keeps you on your toes.
That is why we work with local employers (link to current list) to make it a bit easier. Through our payroll schemes, you can arrange to have a portion of your salary deducted each month and put straight into your savings or towards the cost of your loan. No standing orders, direct debits or forgetting to pay just peace of mind for you.
You can withdraw your savings at any time by accessing the Members App or the members’ online secure area. Payments are normally made by bank transfer free of charge within 2 working days of a request being received; however, they may take a little longer if demand is high so, please give as much advance notice as possible.
There is a minimum withdrawal of £5.00.
*Please be aware that once a loan has been granted, you will not be able to withdraw from your SHARE1 Account (savings), unless the value of your shares (savings) is in excess of the loan balance repayable, and your payments are not in arrears. *